23 Mar The Highest Earning Company In Each State, Mapped
Every now and then, it’s helpful to put Silicon Valley’s economic power in perspective. Today’s reminder that we still live in a largely un-disrupted world comes via HowMuch, which made a map showing the biggest company headquartered in each state by revenue. Each state is sized to reflect the revenue of its largest company — and, as you can see, Arkansas is quite a bit larger than California or any other state.
Yes, Walmart still crushes the competition, with a practically unfathomable $486 billion in annual revenue. And the top ten list is full of other old-school stalwarts like ExxonMobil, Berkshire Hathaway and General Motors, though Apple and Amazon make appearances.
1. Arkansas, Walmart, Inc.: $486B
2. Texas, ExxonMobil Corporation: $226B
3. Nebraska, Berkshire Hathaway Inc.: $224B
4. California, Apple Inc.: $216B
5. Minnesota, UnitedHealth Group Incorporated: $185B
6. Rhode Island, CVS Health Corporation: $178B
7. Michigan, General Motors Company: $166B
8. Pennsylvania, AmerisourceBergen Corporation: $147B
9. Washington, Amazon.com, Inc.: $136B
10. New York, Verizon Communications Inc.: $126B